Here is the Survey Sent Out to Pastors:
ChristianMarriageFacts.com is doing an informal survey of churches to obtain statistics on the divorce rate of couples where both spouses are Born Again Christians, as defined below. We would like you to provide an answer to these three questions:
- How many married or formerly married people in your church satisfy the Born Again Christian definition below when they initiated their current or previous marriage? i.e. They were a Born Again Christian married to another Born Again Christian on their wedding day of their current marriage or any previous marriage.
- Of the number reported in question 1, how many were divorced in their last or previous marriage where in that marriage both they and their spouse were Born Again Christians on their wedding day, as Born Again Christian is defined below?
- Do you want your church name included as one of the participating churches? Otherwise your data will be included anonymously.
Important Note: Even if you choose to have your church name included, your specific numbers or percentages will not be shared, published, or publicly reported. Only the total numbers and percentages, using all participating churches, will be reported.
Another Note: If you are unsure about whether or not a person or their current or former spouse satisfies the criteria for being Born Again, as biblically defined below, do not include them with your data.
Our Definition of a Born Again Christian Couple
- Both husband (man) and wife (woman) believe in the authority and inerrancy of the Bible.
- Both husband and wife believe they are made a New Creation in Christ i.e. "Born Again". See John 3:3 and 2 Corinthians 5:17.
- Both husband and wife believe in heaven, the blessed hope of eternity with God. See John 3:16.
- Both husband and wife believe that without repentance and full acceptance of Jesus free gift of Salvation, a person will spend an eternity in hell. See John 3:16, Romans 6:23, and Luke 16:23.
- Both husband and wife believe in the power of prayer, including healing of physical illness. See Acts 14:8-10
- Both husband and wife believe that their battle is not against flesh and blood, but rather against spiritual forces of evil, including satan, as described in Ephesians 6:12.
- Both husband and wife are willing to declare their Born Again faith in Jesus Christ, even among unbelieving family, friends, or coworkers. And both are willing to accept ridicule, persecution, or criticism for their faith in Jesus Christ. See Matthew 10:32 and 1 Corinthians 4:13.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.